The Swiss Society of Nephrology (SSN) was established in 1969 in Berne by 17 members. Today, the SSN has more than 200 members; of these, the majority work as specialist in nephrology. The SSN is a member of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
The Board consists of 10 members. The three major linguistic regions as well as the university and non-university centres are represented.
Colleagues in private practices and research centres as well as nephro- paediatrics are also represented.
The president of the Dialysis commission and the president of the Swiss renal foundation are also part of the Board.Read more...»
SSN is the professional organization of the Swiss Nephrologists and the Swiss Scientists working in the field of Nephrology and its associated topics. SSN was founded in 1969 by 17 members. Today SSN has more than 200 active members.
Tasks, Activities and Goals
- SSN represents, promotes and defends the interest of its members toward the Swiss people and toward the Swiss political and medical institutions.
- encourages and supports basic and clinical research around the kidney and its associated diseases and Organizes an annual scientific meeting, CME-days with courses in ultrasound, urine sediment, renal transplantation etc.
- fosters the quality of current Nephrology practice in Switzerland
- operates the Swiss Dialysis Registry
- Organizes the board exams, controls and validates continued education in Nephrology and controls the 6-year curriculum for obtaining the FMH title of a specialist in Nephrology, in accordance with federal laws
- Promotes and supports trainees and research fellows below 40 years of age interested in an academic, clinical or research career in Nephrology
- The Members assembly elects the board, the president and the members of the commissions and the dialysis registry as well as the presidents of the working groups. It relieves the board from its responsibilities.
- The Board Members represent the three main linguistic regions of Switzerland, the University Centers, the teaching hospitals and the private dialysis centers as well as the research Institutions and pediatric nephrology.
- The Swiss Dialysis Registry
- Dialysis Commission:
- Exam Commission: organizes the board exams.
- Training and Continuing Education Commission
- The Specialty Title Commission
- Ultrasound Commission
- Scientific Commission
- Working Groups
- Working Group on rare and inherited Kidney Disorders
- Working Group on Diabetic Nephropathy
- Working Group on Nutrition, Sarcopenia and Bone disease
- Young Swiss Nephrology
- FMH: SSN is a member of the Swiss Medical Association FMH
- ISN: SSN members are collective members of ISN
- ERA-EDTA: SSN has a close partnership with ERA-EDTA
- SSN participates in meetings with French and German Nephrology Societies
- Swiss Kidney Foundation (SKF) is supported and is part of SSN, the Swiss Renal Biopsy registry, the Swiss Lupus Registry and the Swiss Kidney Stone Cohort are supported by SSN
Back Office SSN: firstname.lastname@example.org